- Venue Info (Parking, Bag Policy & Prohibited Items)
Wings Event Center - Venue Info (Parking, Bag Policy & Prohibited Items)
WINGS EVENT CENTER PARKING
- All parking is CASH only
- Parking starts at $5 for Kalamazoo Wings games and $10 for non-hockey events, unless otherwise noted
- Kalamazoo Wings Season Ticket Holders with a parking pass may only use the pass for Kalamazoo Wings games
- VIP parking is available for $10 in the front lot for Kalamazoo Wings games
- Parking lots open 90 minutes prior to event doors opening
Clear Bag Policy
To provide a safer environment for the public and to significantly expedite fan entry into Wings Event Center, we are requiring the use of clear bags for all events for items exceeding what can be held in pockets or a small clutch. Our required clear bag policy limits the quantity, size, and type of bag that can be brought into the facilities. All bags/clutches will be inspected. Below is an outline of what is encouraged:
- Bag that is clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and does not exceed 12 inches by 14 inches by 6 inches in size, or
- One-gallon clear zip-seal bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Small clutch bag that does not exceed 4.5" x 6.5", with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the facilities, after proper inspection, along with one of the clear bag options.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection.
Each person may bring in one (1) large clear bag plus a small clutch that does not exceed 4.5 by 6.5 inches. The small clutch allows privacy for small personal items and also is easily searched. Keys, wallets, phones and other small items that fit in pockets or clutch bags are not limited. The clear bag and clutch may also be used to carry these and other permissible items.
Exceptions will be made for medical items or a diaper bag (with an infant / small child) after a proper inspection by security at the door before entry. Authorities reserve the right to inspect any item at any time. Denial for inspection shall constitute an unwillingness to enter/remain in the facility.
Wings Event Center is not responsible for any items left at the entry or in the facility.
Prohibited Bags / Items
Prohibited items must be returned to your vehicle or disposed of before entering Wings Event Center.
Management reserves all rights to determine items that are not allowed.
Prohibited bags/items include, but are not limited to:
- Clutch bags larger than a hand
- Duffle bags
- Cinch bags
- Mesh bags
- Fanny packs that are not clear or exceed the size limit
- Any bag larger than the regulated size
- Tinted or patterned plastic bags
- Any firearms
- Pepper spray
- Mechanical air horns
- Laser-light pointers
- Any item(s) determined by Authorized personnel as not allowed
If you choose to relinquish your prohibited item(s), they will not be returned to you. Illegal items will be confiscated.
*Prohibited items subject to change per event
Other Prohibited Items & Behavior
The following items* are prohibited from special events at Wings Event Center:
- Professional cameras
- Laser-light pointers
- Any type of food or beverage
- Video and/or audio recording device
- Oversized purses
- Any type of weapon (including pocket knives and pepper spray)
- Only handheld signs and banners are allowed in the venue.
- Sticks, for K-Wings games only, can be plastic, fiberglass or wood and should not exceed 48" in overall length. Sticks shall not be of alloy/metal-based materials or extendable.
- Obscene language or graphic material will not be allowed. Political signage is also not allowed.
- Banners, signs and flags may not obstruct other guests' views or cover any permanent signage inside the venue. Flags on sticks shall be waved only during stoppages of play.
- Venue management reserves the right to confiscate/ban any sign/banner/flag that is deemed unacceptable.
The following behaviors are prohibited from special events at Wings Event Center:
- Smuggling in outside food or beverages (including water)
- Smoking outside of the designated smoking areas
- Carrying of any item that could bring bodily harm
- Bringing pets into the facility
Unattended bags or suspicious activity will not be tolerated, and noncompliant patrons will be asked to leave the facility immediately.
Magnetometers & Bag Checks
We will be using magnetometers to ensure the safety of all guests upon entering the building. When walking through Wings Event Center's magnetometers, cell phones and similar-sized metal objects must be removed. Jewelry, belts, shoes, and pocket change may remain on your person.
Wings Event Center prohibits items such as bags, backpacks, and briefcases larger than 14" x 14" x 6" from entering the venue. Hard-sided bags of any kind are also prohibited. All bags entering the venue must be inspected. Diaper bags, medical bags, and media bags are permitted but are subject to inspection.
No Re-Entry Policy
Wings Event Center has a no-re-entry policy. For the safety and security of our fans, guests who leave Wings Event Center will not be allowed to re-enter the stadium.
From I-94 Eastbound: East on I-94 to Sprinkle Rd. exit 80. (Note: Signs on I-94 indicate to take Portage Rd. exit 78. Sprinkle Rd. will take you right to the arena parking lot.) South (right) on Sprinkle Rd. 1/8 mile to Vanrick Dr. West (right) on Vanrick 1/8 mile straight ahead to Wings Event Center parking.
From I-94 Westbound: West on I-94 to Sprinkle Rd. exit 80. Left on Cork St. (where exit takes you) to light, which is Sprinkle Rd. South (left) on Sprinkle Rd. 1/8 mile to Vanrick Dr. West (right) on Vanrick 1/8 mile straight ahead to Wings Event Center parking.
From US-131: US-131 to I-94 East (Detroit) exit 34A. East on I-94 six miles to Sprinkle Rd. exit 80. (Note: Signs on I-94 indicate to take Portage Rd. exit 78. Sprinkle Rd. will take you right to the arena parking lot.) South (right) on Sprinkle Rd. 1/8 mile to Vanrick Dr. West (right) on Vanrick 1/8 mile straight ahead to Wings Event Center parking.